In Identify the entrepreneurial spirit within, Dawn Duncan writes:
Recognizing that you may have an insatiable urge to create and lead the
charge on a new project is a good first step in identifying if you’re
suited for being out on your own.
Ask yourself if you possess any or all of the following:
• Strong creativity and a need to express individual style, ideas and opinions.
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, shift gears, and go another direction.
• Desire to contribute on a higher level in terms of innovation, creativity or service.
• Resilience; ability to bounce back time after time when rejected.
• Ability to communicate ideas to others and persuade them to get on board.
• Desire to work on a rewards-based system rather than a
stability-based system; you would forego a huge base salary for the
opportunity to increase compensation based solely on performance.
• Strong desire for autonomy.
• Propensity to derive inspiration from several types of people and
sources and develop business ideas based on your reactions to these.
• Tendency to pursue ideas relentlessly until they are implemented.
Yup, I’m moving in the right direction.
What about you? How many of these traits do you possess and/or identify with?